Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remove Bing from right click menu and add on's  (Read 13663 times)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Remove Bing from right click menu and add on's
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 06:30:18 PM »
Your links don t work Bing is not my search engine ; hum think I have already said that want to keep i.e.
11.0 and keep yahoo as the search guessing the only way you'll get it finally is for me to post screen shots but havn t gotten any directions yet;  you still aren t listening / getting my problem : (

My links do work...and i  don't need a screenshot to tell me the solution is wrong as i did it last night...
Perhaps you are not following the instructions properly...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 06:33:13 PM »
guessing the only way you'll get it finally is for me to post screen shots but havn t gotten any directions yet;  you still aren t listening / getting my problem : (

This kinda says it all...Best of Luck.

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »
    Hum ok you don t have a fix got ya; and I can t figure out yet how to convert a screen shot into the right format yet to get it to post here just wonderful .

But I won t give up that easy ; since bing didn t come with i.e. 11.0; had this computer for 4 yrs now; thinking that M.S. is spamming users by way of  IE updates so thinking  ; its been two/three weeks since bing has spammed me; what if I delete the last three weeks of updates and the re boot wouldn t that remove bing ?

If not why not hum  ?  ?

Mist3rdisc0

Rookie

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:31 PM »
    Hi Verylost,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the format of the picture- like you said, don't give up! Now, I don't recommend removing the last 3 weeks of updates, because you'd lose a lot of critical updates in the process which would leave you vulnerable to threats- which believe it or not are worse than Bing! I don't believe that it would remove Bing either, unfortunately. Let's try to move past the screen shots for now, just for the sake of making some progress for you.

If I understand you correctly, you're using Internet Explorer 11, and are experiencing symptoms of Bing when Right-clicking (as in, when the menu for right clicking appears, Bing is somewhere in that list). And further, you believe there may be Add-ons of Bing loaded into Internet Explorer and that Yahoo! is no longer your default search engine. Is this all correct? If not, can you correct me on each point that isn't quite right?
    It is my intention to give back where possible through the knowledge I've gained over the course of my experience both personally and professionally throughout my life. I try to accomplish this in a polite, and friendly manner, as I too had to begin somewhere. :)

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 08:44:44 PM »
      Ok yahoo is the default but does not appear on manage add ons only bing is their and nothing else and guessing that bing can t be removed till I add yahoo to that tool bar list till I can add yahoo to that list ?

Have another idea but will slow this way way way down see it that helps : (

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 10:02:58 PM »
      Did you right-click - Remove or Disable Bing from the search providers in manage add-ons?

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 11:10:47 PM »

Ok was thinking that maybe I need to enable bing then add yahoo as the default to add/on then that might allow me to delete bing does that make sense hum ?

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 06:19:30 AM »
        It was included in a Win update...for IE11...so nothing nefarious is going on here...

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 06:34:48 AM »
          Knew that and never said their was but still want to get rid of it .

Must be a very very new update no more then three weeks old so what is the number on the update so I can delete which then deletes bing and bingo correct bing is gone ! ?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
          Here is reference:
          Microsoft Updates Internet Explorer 11, Now Includes Bing Search Bar In The New Tab Page
          Without any announcement, Microsoft has delivered an update for Internet Explorer users of Windows 7 and Windows 8 yesterday as part of the patch Tuesday updates. Instead of the regular security updates, Microsoft has added a new feature to IE11. This update also adds a new Bing search bar in the new tab page.
          By pradeep on October 15, 2014

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »
          bing is gone ! ?
          By right-click Remove, yes the add-on is gone.