Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GIF IMAGES  (Read 7033 times)

bill30955

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Always Learning
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    GIF IMAGES
    « on: July 24, 2004, 06:16:21 AM »
    Hello Forum: I use IE6.0 99% of the time. I also have Mozilla Firefox and sometimes open it while using IE. However, all GIF images have the Mozilla Firefox logo affixed to them in Temp. Internet File and in My Documents, even though I used IE to access the GIF image. I do not understand why this is happening. Can anyone help.
                            Thank You
    Bill

merlin_2

Re: GIF IMAGES
    « Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 02:47:23 PM »
    Is this winxp and is ie6 you default browser? more info always helps the more the merryer.....some kinda conflict winxp info on gifs>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260650   have you chosen to open these files with?//?
    « Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 02:50:50 PM by merlin_2 »

bill30955

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Always Learning
      « Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:05:27 PM »
      merlin_2 : thanks for the feedback-Win98-using netzero isp-which uses IE-(using IE 6.0)-I uninstalled Firefox(which was not my default browser) and now all gif. images have the IE logo on them-my next project will be to uninstall AOL which I have had on a 7 month!!! trial.

Thanks again
      Bill

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 12:36:29 PM »
        bill.....Getting rid of AOL .....is a pain......you will find bits and pieces of it all through your machine......Possibly that why there was ( possibly still is ) an class action law suit against them.......You will be well rid of them.
        Good luck purging it ......I know a number of people who ended up formatting their machine to get it all out.

Cheers,

dl65  ???
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 01:30:35 PM »
        we have a saying for aol but i will not go there try this >http://www.2-spyware.com/parasite-master-aol.html

bill30955

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Always Learning
          « Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 06:23:17 AM »
          merlin_2 and dl65: Thanks for the info re:AOL-I know AOL is hard to root out but I am persistent. I have a site which has an "uninstall AOL" download and have the
          spyware site which merlin referenced
                                                        Thanks                    
          Bill