Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need Help, with a Winnt Issue  (Read 2139 times)

jimmy0373

Need Help, with a Winnt Issue
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:15:19 PM »
 ??? I recieved a IBM NetVista computer today as a gift, it has Winnt 4.0 on it, I am unable to login to PC. I called the guy and he told me that the PC was a change out from a local hotel, so I called them with the login information and the two passwords and user ID's they gave me don't work, and they have no idea what could be if not the two they gave me. My question is how can I get pass this issue or do I have to wipe out OS to be able to use this computer. Any help will deeply appreciated.....Thanks

GX1_Man

Re: Need Help, with a Winnt Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2005, 08:17:42 PM »
If you do not have the password, I fear you will have to blank the drive and install a new operating system. Do you have any Windows CD's? What are the specifications of the machine? (You can press F1 when it starts to examine this, but don't change anything!)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 08:17:55 PM by GX1_Man »

jimmy0373

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2005, 08:29:32 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply, I have windows 98 SE, Windows XP pro The unit has a Pentium III and has 383 MB memory, I also have a few winnt 4.0 disk just have to locate them. But as far as any disk from the hotel no, they just gave up the PC's, which I can not complain because my friend gave me six and the password works with five of them but just this one unit passwords don't work...

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2005, 08:35:43 PM »
You made out like a bandit!!!  :o :o :o :o

Keep us posted on how it goes.