Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tablet Camera Will Not Take Photos  (Read 2571 times)

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Tablet Camera Will Not Take Photos
    « on: March 22, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »
    I have just started to look at the function of the camera(s) on my fairly new Tablet (Windows 8.1).  I have discovered that while it works in video mode, it will not take shots in still mode.  I have tried a few different photo apps and the result is the same.  I get error messages referring to an 'exception Breakpoint' having been reached.  I have not come across this before.  Can anyone enlighten me?  And suggest what I might try to get the camera(s) working correctly?

Clayto2 

LusoTheGreat

Greenhorn

Re: Tablet Camera Will Not Take Photos
      « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:07:46 PM »
      Have you tried to update the camera drivers? You can check on the companies website or just revert to the generic drivers by update driver<< find on computer<<choose one at a time until one works.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:55 AM »
      Please give exact model # of your tablet.
      If you have a link to the user manual, please give it.

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 02:41:30 PM »
        Thanks for the responses.

My Tablet is a Quantum View 8.1 (only released last summer. See the videos about it on YouTube).  Do Tablets usually have a manual, nowadays a pdf on the internet?  Mine does not.  It had a very small (one of my few criticisms of the product)  introductory booklet packaged with it, which I have been told is commonplace --- nothing about the two cameras in that.  There is a website with some FAQs --- I could probably post question on that, and also see if the company rep could give advice (he has sent me a helpful email in the past)  ---- but I rather thought it was an a software issue with Windows rather than hardware.  Am I wrong?

Did anyone make sense of the error message I quoted?  What is a 'breakpoint'?

Clayto2

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:47:55 PM »
          Sorry, I missed the point on Drivers.  I have recently had all my Drivers scanned by a program called Driver Assist and a few updated Drivers installed remotely by a technician as they would not install automatically.  The scan did not reveal any problems with the camera drivers but it is an issue I will look into.

Clayto2

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
          • Geek After Dark
            • Gekk9pm bnlog
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 03:15:23 PM »
          Check and see what warranty limits on on that brand. Recently some major outlets are putting a limit on return or  warranty for some makes of Tablets. Did you contact the vendor?

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
            Thanks for the advice.  I am sure now that it is a software fault with the Windows Camera app itself (the error message referred to a problem with the app).  I now have the camera(s) working perfectly well with other, much better, apps which I have installed from the Store. I would have liked to get the Windows app working but I probably would not have used it now anyway, it is very basic and I found alternatives which are far superior.  If I understand correctly, the Windows app is part of the Windows OS, it has no uninstall / reinstall option which I have used successfully with other apps from the Store if they malfunction.

clayto

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            • Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 08:39:59 AM »
            You should be able to set the camera to automatically use the app of your choice...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Clayto2

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
              Hello patio

Oh? That could be handy if I could do it.  Can you give any advice on how to make an app the default program for using the camera(s)?

clayto