Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Accessing password protected files...  (Read 2809 times)

Elle

Accessing password protected files...
« on: November 10, 2005, 08:42:22 AM »
Hi, my laptop recently died a terrible death, several things went at once, like the battery, power connectors and screen. So I took the hard drive out to use as an external hard drive for my pc, as the laptop hard drive had most of my files and work saved to it. It's a Toshiba HDD2183, or MK6021GAS.

When I plug it into my pc it works fine and I can access my program files, but I can't access the file that all my work is saved under. I have a feeling that this is because those files were password protected on my laptop. Is there any way that I can get round this and back into my files? Or are they going to be locked on there forever? I'm really anxious about this because as well as all my work files it has a lot of pictures of my little boy that I never got round to printing off.

If anyone can suggest anything i'll be very greatful (and if you haven't figured it yet i'm not very computer wise, so a thorough explanation would be appreciated!)

Oh and the exact problem that comes up is::
F:/Documents and settings/ella is not accessible
Access is denied