Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE is not working and must close----still having trouble  (Read 3734 times)

SuzanG

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Experienced
    IE is not working and must close----still having trouble
    « on: June 17, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
    I am back...still having the same trouble and I waited until the most recent updates and still get the same error message.  Program must shut down.  Right in the middle of my work.
    Only happens with IE

I have to use IE for many of my business sites that I have to go too.  They will not work with other browsers.

Does anyone have something that worked for them?  It is terribly disruptive.

Is there a Microsoft link that take me to an expert that may be able to help?

[attachment deleted by admin to conserve space]

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: IE is not working and must close----still having trouble
    « Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 07:35:28 AM »
    I have to use IE for many of my business sites that I have to go too.  They will not work with other browsers.
    Your OS?  What version of IE are you using? 

What you say is hard to believe at this point in time.  Browsers other than IE have gained much of the market share IE once held a decade or longer ago. Those "business sites" you mentioned should be testing their sites to work with at least one or two browsers other IE.  Can you name one or more of the sites that give you problems? 

SuzanG

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:01 PM »
      thank you for your response.  I put my husbands laptop up with my desktop and made sure to remove anything that his did not have on there, from mine (by disabling) or check or uncheck boxes etc. and now it works!

I have had many people argue with me about the browser not working for Insurance companies that I work with and tell me that this just cannot be.  I live it every day so I know that it is true.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
      Usually what I've seen for sites that require IE is for internal/Intranet sites or are accessed within a VPN connection. I've yet to find an Internet-facing page that absolutely requires IE to be usable.

From the looks of it the site is probably using an ActiveX Control or something which in the OP had crashed and took IE with it, which would explain why the site wouldn't work on other browsers.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      « Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
      thank you for your response.  I put my husbands laptop up with my desktop and made sure to remove anything that his did not have on there, from mine (by disabling) or check or uncheck boxes etc. and now it works!
      You're referring to IE, right? 

I have had many people argue with me about the browser not working for Insurance companies that I work with and tell me that this just cannot be.  I live it every day so I know that it is true.
      I just signed on to my account with Allstate Insurance, using Chrome.  No problem.  Again, what insurance websites do you work with that do not work with browsers other than IE?