Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: best cleaner  (Read 3271 times)

dinkie

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    best cleaner
    « on: April 17, 2015, 12:01:17 PM »
    What is the best computer cleaner, I have used cccleaner in the past, but wondered if there is anything better.  Thanks, Edna

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: best cleaner
    « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:48 PM »
    The general viewpoint of the experts on this forum is negative with regard to cleaners.
    This has been covered in detail h on the forum.
    This link will led to over scores of  threads on the topic.
    About Cleaners
    Try to look over the list. Please.  :)
    The statement that registry cleaners do not improve computer performance is incorrect.  They don't do it by removing "registry bloat", because spurious registry entries will seldom or never exceed 1% of the total registry size anyway;  they do it by removing entries which are "toxic" or dysfunctional.
    Example:  you might share a printer on a network.  The printer is uninstalled while your terminal is powered down.  When you reboot, your registry directs Windows to check up on the printer drivers.  They can't be found, of course, but the search will continue until it times out, which may take a minute or longer.  That's a minute extra on your boot time.  Every time.  There are a thousand examples of this kind which could be quoted, covering shutdown problems, stop errors, runtime errors, Shell32.dll errors...
    That above post was really in favor of some cleaners.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
    I don;t see how a reference to a shared printer on a powered-down host is "toxic" or might need removing. dinkie, don't bother with so-called "cleaners".

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »
    Exactly what is it that you are trying to do? If you tell us what problem(s) you are having we may be able to help.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 05:06:08 PM »
    I don;t see how a reference to a shared printer on a powered-down host is "toxic" or might need removing. dinkie, don't bother with so-called "cleaners".

You should know better by now...let sleeping dogs lie...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
    The short story is that "Cleanup" and "tune-up" software doesn't do anything particularly useful that would improve performance beyond what you can do with windows built-in software such as Disk Cleanup. Even if there is software that performs that function and is by a reputable company, I've yet to see it.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.