Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop boot problem  (Read 2152 times)

Saajuk

Desktop boot problem
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:53:45 PM »
sometimes when I cold boot my desktop it just decides to shut itself off after 5-10 seconds. When the problem occurs everything starts like normal except my peripheral devices remain off (monitor, external hardrive). Their is a red light on the motherboard that stays on for the whole 5-10 seconds aswell. All I do though is turn it back on and everything is ok. Decided to post because this has happened 2 times within the last 2 week and im curious to what could be the problem. Here my specs

Motherboard: ASUS X99-DELUXE
Ram: 16 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
PSU: 850W EVGA SuperNOVA
GPU: 2 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7 5820k overclocked 4.0GHz to 4.4GHz (liquid cooling)
Storage: 1 SSD 250GB
               1 mechanical drive 1TB

I got this pc last year in october wih no problems until now

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Desktop boot problem
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:09:30 PM »
Did you get any warranty from the builder?
You may have a filing RAM chip. But that's hard to day.
You could try putting a desk fan behind the machine to improve airflow. If that eliminates the problem, you know it is a heat related thing.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
Have you recently installed any new software or hardware? And have you noticed any other issues with the system lately?

Saajuk

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:28 PM »
@ Geek: I have 6 fans so i doubt its a heat problem, specially when its been off all night and fails at bootup. I use HWMonitor frequently and all temps are good. I have a 4 year digital storm warranty.
@ Allan: only thing I can think of that's new within the last 2 weeks is my microsoft wireless gaming receiver I have plugged in. No issues other then this.