Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Browser and Email  (Read 3276 times)

sloan448

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Browser and Email
    « on: April 18, 2015, 02:23:45 PM »
    Hello,
    How do I choose which web browser is associated to my email? What I mean is when I click on some thing in my email what web browser will open up so I can view it.

Thanks

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Browser and Email
    « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 09:56:29 AM »
    Whichever web browser is set as your default browser is the one that will open when you click on a hyperlink in an email message in an email client (Windows Live Mail, Outlook, etc.).  You can open a panel to set or change default programs by going to Control Panel and opening Default Programs.

Which web browser currently opens when you click on a hyperlink in an email message?  That's a clue to your current default browser.  And, you should have noticed that when you install a new browser, you are asked whether you want to make that browser your default browser.  Usually, you can either accept or decline.  And, you usually have an option to not show that message again.  Thus, the need for a special panel, i.e. Default Programs in Control Panel, to set or change default programs. 

Yet another way to change the default browser is within the settings for a particular browser.