Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver causing BSOD  (Read 4297 times)

AlienNova

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Driver causing BSOD
    « on: April 26, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
    I've recently had an irritating bug on my hands, where if I run a game that requires very little to run(i.e. Faster Than Light, Frozen Synapse) for around an hour it ends up crashing my computer. Here's the crash report I took from WhoCrashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042615-44553-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hdaudbus.sys (0xFFFFF8800FDE2325)
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x8A, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8800FDE2325)
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hdaudbus.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: High Definition Audio Bus Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Dump file can be posted if requested.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Driver causing BSOD
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 08:35:25 AM »
    Have you tested the memory with memtest86 to make sure you don't have a failing or flawed memory address that eventually gets used and causes a crash?

Have you updated the audio driver to latest version in case there are any bug fixes?