Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Fix moniter  (Read 2131 times)

reddw

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Fix moniter
    « on: April 27, 2015, 07:05:07 PM »
    screen to left side white cap on right side. Also when turned after bootup screen turns black have to use a litte menu that comes up when  I click the right side of mouse to get into a window to do anything. The  Operateing system Ubuntu14.04, the environment lxde lubuntu This is what someone told me. Any ideas I try turning it off an restarting it

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Fix moniter
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »
    Please give make and model of your computer. Include info about any video card.
    Also, did it work normally at one time?

Do you have a CD that was used to install Ubuntu?
    Here is an undated documentation for Ubuntu CD boot options.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions
    Introduction
    This page discusses the options available to alter the boot of an installed Ubuntu or an Ubuntu CD. It briefly details the main start options and then focuses on various options to alter the boot process. Changing the boot command may be necessary to fix problems with system freezes or video displays when trying to install Ubuntu. It may also be helpful when an existing installation will not boot or otherwise needs adjustment.
    Some remedies, such as using the F1-F6 keys, are specific to the CD boot process. Other procedures, such as editing the boot menu lines, can be used on either the LiveCD or on an installed system.
    For help with directly editing the Grub configuration files or other installation issues please refer to the links at the bottom of this page.
    For more, click on link above.  :)