Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: EPSON XP-312 printer - how to set up autoconnect to wifi?  (Read 10525 times)

badoom_bum

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    EPSON XP-312 printer - how to set up autoconnect to wifi?
    « on: April 29, 2015, 12:42:47 PM »
    Hi all,

I am at that point really desperate to set up my printer to autoconnect to wi-fi on printer startup... but I've tried now countless times to do it and I keep getting an error message "no computer found. Try again".

There is a number of options in wireless connection configuration menu in the printer and one of them is "Wifi Autoconnect". When I select that option, the printer tells me to "run the software on the computer before connecting". What it doesn't tell me is WHAT sofware! And there is, of course, no relevant help on Epson webiste (surprise, surprise). I've tried "running the program" = running the installation CD, "running the program" = Epson Connect printer setup, tried software updates, basically tried everything from epson menu in the start bar. No help from the manual either.

The password for wifi is really long and it's inconvenient having to type it in letter by letter (it's like texting on old mobile phones - takes forever!) in the printer's interface - and I can't just change the password as I'm using my landlady's broadband.

Any help? Please?... ??? :(

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: EPSON XP-312 printer - how to set up autoconnect to wifi?
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »
    To start with, Have you ever connected the printer directly to   your computer? If not, do that first and make sure it is working alright.

Does your landlady give you a strong signal?
    Does she allow you to interface to the router?
    Why not use a direct cable connection?
    This is the general guide fro Microsoft:
    Install a printer on a home network
    Does that help any?

badoom_bum

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: EPSON XP-312 printer - how to set up autoconnect to wifi?
      « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 01:21:48 PM »
      The signal is perfect, there is no problem with printing and scanning. I added the printer as a network printer but that didn't change anything.
      The only reason I am trying to connect via wifi is because a USB cable did not come with the printer... (atrocious if you ask me)
      Guess I will have to get one...