Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: can a dvd damage a monitor?  (Read 2306 times)

badoom_bum

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    can a dvd damage a monitor?
    « on: May 04, 2015, 01:50:13 PM »
    I was watching a dvd the other day on my laptop (a legitimate copy, bought an hour earlier) and about halfway into the movie the picture went nuts and the whole laptop froze, so I had to reset it. When I restarted and loaded the dvd again (after checking it was ok - no damage to the disk, not exceedingly hot), on the black screen during loading of Windows I could see vertical lines on the monitor and when I started the movie again, the picture was pixellated and blurry and kept jumping. This now happens to every video regardless of the movie player (I've tried two different ones that never failed me before and movies that worked perfectly before). So... could it actually have been the dvd that damaged my monitor? And if not, what could have happened?

Salmon Trout

Re: can a dvd damage a monitor?
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 02:14:45 PM »
    It wasn't the DVD. Possibly some hardware damage. Best to take it to a repair shop.

samlacz

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: can a dvd damage a monitor?
      « Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 02:07:36 AM »
      diagnose your laptop, try to connect to an external monitor using vga or hdmi cable then start your laptop. observe the display of external monitor. if you find something good, then your LCD or flex has the problem. and if still pixelated or blurry then i think the video card is the problem.  ;D