Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Apps: Launchy, Revo Uninstaller, Auto Hot Key  (Read 2184 times)

frldyz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Apps: Launchy, Revo Uninstaller, Auto Hot Key
    « on: May 07, 2015, 07:44:10 AM »
    Now that I have my tower built and newlatop I'd like to load it with some useful programs.

I did a few searches and came across this.    http://lifehacker.com/lifehacker-pack-for-windows-our-list-of-the-best-windo-787533613

After reading the description of the Apps.  Launchy, Revo Uninstaller and Auto Hot Key sound like they'd be useful.

Does anyone have any experiance with these?  Do they do what they advertise to do?  Do they have any bloatware or slow down your system?

I have an 850 PRO SSD in each PC. So I'm wondering if Launchy will do much?

Thanks everyone.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Apps: Launchy, Revo Uninstaller, Auto Hot Key
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 07:47:14 AM »
    Revo Uninstaller (passive mode) is a must have on all of my systems and has been for many years. I also use and like Auto Hot Key.  I've never used Launchy but from what I hear it's fine. And unless you run an app "resident" (meaning it's always active, such as your anti-virus app), it will have zero effect on system performance. And even then, unless there are a bunch of them it shouldn't be noticeable given the power of today's cpu's and the amount of ram most folks install.