Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless network card drivers not working with win7  (Read 3672 times)

DangerousRaccoon

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Wireless network card drivers not working with win7
    « on: May 09, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »
    My computer wouldn't start so I had to replace the motherboard and cpu. But now the wireless network card isn't working. I reinstalled the latest driver from the official website for the model I had and the card still fails to be listed in device manager.

I'm now getting the following errors on startup:

AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point apsInitialize could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll

Network Card:
    D-Link DWL-G510

Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H

Does anyone know what I can do to get thr wireless card working? I never had an issue with it before I changed the motherboard. Thanks.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Wireless network card drivers not working with win7
    « Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 11:37:00 AM »
    What was the nature of the prior board failing? Struck by lightning, power supply failure, etc?

Its quite possible that the wireless adapter is bad, damaged by the prior build that the motherboard died on.

If you need wireless networking and don't want to bother with a card. You can pick up a USB Wireless Adapter pretty cheap these days such as at Newegg, Tiger Direct, or another online store that sells computer parts and accessories. I even added one of these to an old Dell laptop that had a single USB 1.1 slot, which ran Windows XP SP2 and the wireless adapter allowed for this laptop to have wifi. These same adapters can also be used in desktop computers to connect them to a wireless network. My daughters Core 2 Duo E4500 system for example is connected via a 5 year old Netgear USB network adapter to Wireless-G because I didn't want to drill holes in the walls and floor/ceiling to route Cat5e cable.

For less than $15 these USB network adapters can be picked up online and they work well in the home. If you were connected to wifi from a specific location in your home prior, they work fine, however due to their compact design they lack the range of other better USB adapters or Internal Card Adapters due to antenna length and transmission strength. My Pentium III Dell Laptop with the USB NIC I was able to see open networks to connect to that showed 1 bar strength in a college town for example, but while the adapter was able to see the wireless router/access points, it wasn't able to yell loud enough to make its radio signal voice heard by these network devices. * So if you have a good signal in your home you would probably have no troubles with this USB NIC option because its radio signal voice to router or access point can be heard by the device serving up the wifi.

DaveLembke

Sage
    « Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 11:45:07 AM »
    UPDATE: Decided to look through reviews on this motherboard and there may be a BIOS version BUG
    Pros: Good price for what you get
    HDMI out
    Mostly plug and play

Cons: Only three SATA ports (but I did know before buying)
    BIOS revision didn't like my wireless adapter
    No jumper on the BIOS reset leads? Really?

Other Thoughts: I replaced a premium board with this one so most of the shortfalls are not fair to compare; you get what you pay for feature wise.

However, using Linux I found wonky usb issues with the bios revision it shipped with. Just make sure you flash the bios to the latest revision and everything seems to work great now. (you'll note most of the updates were for usb device compatibility. PLUS, a usb drive is detected as a floppy so updating it was a pure breeze.

As seen here at the Aaron R post in which he states ... "Flash Before Using " = BIOS to newest firmware version before using
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128072

Hope this helps... it might save you from having to buy a new wireless adapter only having to flash your BIOS to latest edition.  :)

DangerousRaccoon

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:49:15 PM »
      Thanks for the responses. You went above and beyond, checking motherboard reviews for me. I really appreciate it, I never thought to do that. I was considering the wireless adapter but I was worried about the range. The router is on the other side of the house and I had to purchase a large antenna to screw into the wireless card in order to receive a reliable connection.

I see the option to "qflash" when I boot, is this what I'm looking for? I suppose I need to move the computer over to the router so I can plug in the ethernet and download the update?

DangerousRaccoon

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 07:02:10 AM »
        I ended up getting an adapter and it works well. Thanks again.

DaveLembke

Sage
        « Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 11:33:18 AM »
        No problem... Glad your back up and running again.  :)