Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: One headset - two computers  (Read 2863 times)

JacobRocks12

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    One headset - two computers
    « on: May 11, 2015, 08:17:28 PM »
    I have one PC and one laptop. I also have one headset. I want to play my games on my PC but hear the sound. I also want to chat and Skype with my laptop. Is it possible to connect the USB to my laptop for sound and the audio jack to my PC for sound also. I want to be able to hear through both and only use the mic in the laptop. I have a Turtle Beach Z22. Recap, USB on laptop, audio jack on PC. Would this work?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: One headset - two computers
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »
    Here is a method that would work for blending audio. The 10k resistors are needed to avoid blowing amp chip on the systems by backdriving the amp.

Other method is to get a professional mixer box found in a music shop that specializes in selling amps, mixers, instruments etc, that has the proper protection to avoid backdriving amps and blowing audio chips.

There are also software methods to cast the audio/video from one system to the other, such as casting through twitch from one system to the server and then connecting to that live stream cast with the system your at and have minimized, but audio playing to you at that computer, but the audio cast is single directional and eats up some bandwidth and processing power. A mixer box will not load down your hardware with trying to render and cast audio etc.