Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc won't start. .  (Read 2173 times)

jenzo

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
pc won't start. .
« on: May 07, 2015, 04:02:25 AM »
My computer has just stopped booting up. I push the power button & it comes on for about 3sec then stops then tries to start again by itself & keeps doing this till I turn the power off. I was having trouble with overheating in the CPU.
Found the fan was not working but unplugged it from the board put back in & it was working. I cleaned the fan & heat unit under it & from then on it's not powering up. It was working all ok till I found out CPU trouble. Could the CPU burn out to make computer not start. Get no beeping noise at start . Just keep on blue screen . The CPU is the i7 3.4ghz
Quad core . Computer is zoomstorm with Wins 8.1 , ram 8gb , graphics card Nivida 660GTX 2GB.

Thanks for any help  ???

Jenzo
JENZO ;)

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: pc won't start. .
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:23:43 PM »
I push the power button & it comes on for about 3sec then stops then tries to start again by itself & keeps doing this till I turn the power off.

While this was posted on 5/7 and I just found this today when looking for 0 response posts on 5/18. If this is still an issue.. Have you tried a repair installation? What does the BSOD exactly state that can give insight as to what exact problem you have?

Most modern CPU's will protect themselves from cooking to death so I have doubts that the CPU is toast.