Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Amazon prime wants me to pay for third season TV show.  (Read 3686 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Amazon prime wants me to pay for third season TV show.
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:29:28 PM »
Part of the reasons for getting Amazon Prime was to get more free Movies and TV shows. Of course, some movies and not be free. I understand that .

So I started watched a TV show and when I get to the end of season two, Amazon wants me to subscribe for the next season.  I think this is a bait ans switch thing. I think it is unfair to advertise a TV show as part of prime if you can not get the seasons advertised.

So I found another site that offered some of the third season with no strings. Not even a log in. Is this a common thing? Is it  not strange that Amazon wants extra money for something that other give free. Why?

What am I missing? Has this happened to you?  :(

DaveLembke

Sage
Re: Amazon prime wants me to pay for third season TV show.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 07:29:21 AM »
Does the free site have commercial breaks that the amazon doesn't have? Just thinking that its only free because advertisers are paying your way for viewing since it means you will see their commercials unless you are using an adblocker that is undetected and works to block ads. CW for example just recently updated their site to detect adblockers and I had been watching up to 2 weeks ago without ads. Now it shows a screen stating you need to disable the adblocker to view for the iZombie show that I am into.  :'(

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:49:24 AM »
Amazon moves content in and out of their "prime" and "instant videos" on a regular basis. The third season may be in "instant" (you have to pay) this month but in "prime" (to which you've subscribed) next month (or next year, or never).

strollin

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:50 AM »
I haven't had it happen to me so far but I could see that Netflix would have past seasons for free but want you to subscribe to watch the current season.

Personally, I have been disappointed in the things that Netflix has available free for Prime members.  Many times, a movie I want to watch is not free for Prime but is available to watch for $$.

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:47:28 AM »
Thanks. So I am not the only one.
Advertisements are OK with me. I just go to the kitchen for a quick snack. Just like watching regular TV.
But I can not understand why a commercial free movies would cost over even one dollar. What do they charge to he advertisers? Would any advertiser pay $1 per viewer? Or even 25 cents?

Let's say there were 5 spots for a commercial in one episode.  If each spot cotes 25 cents, the the episode would bring in $1.25 per viewer from the adverser. I find it hard to believe an advertiser would pay that much.

But if so, then they should offer the option to the viewer to op out for $1. They might get more revenue that way. But now Amazon want $1.99 per episode. That is too high. At my local drugstore I can rent a full movie for a dollar, not just one 40 min. episode.
End of my rant for today>:(