Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: need windows 7 help please?!  (Read 5007 times)

computerlostk

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    need windows 7 help please?!
    « on: June 04, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »
    I'm going to try to make this sound as less complicated as possible.  I have a hp all-in-one pc that originally came with win 7 pro oa (according to my coa sticker located on the bottom of the computer).  I am currently using win 7 home, and it is giving me some problems such as not loading my integrated webcam and keyboard drivers.  When I go to device manager, I can see the drivers, but the software is nowhere to be found on my computer.  I am also getting "windows 7 not genuine errors" and a black screen b/c my product key is not valid with win 7 home.  I guess my question is, is there any place I can get a valid and real copy of win 7 pro oa (x16-96076) for free and redo my computer using my product key that I already have?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need windows 7 help please?!
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 12:42:51 PM »
    No free locations to get it. Only option I can think of is that if the Windows 7 Pro key is real, you can use someone elses Windows 7 Pro installation disc and then use your key vs theirs to install clean with a genuine key.

It sounds like you bought this system used and inherited problems with the purchase. Its very strange that a system with a genuine 7 pro key would have been installed with a non genuine Windows 7 Home Premium. So I question if the Pro key is any good.  :-\

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: need windows 7 help please?!
    « Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:54:25 PM »
    This link is from Microsoft
    How to Tell if product key is real.

Let me guess.
    The owner crashed the system and used  a Windows 7 Home to fix it.
    And he did not fell you.  :(

You will have to find the drivers on the web site of the maker of the computer.
    Sad to say, most PC makers no longer include the Windows install DVD.