Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Buying new PC  (Read 2253 times)

psych000

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Buying new PC
    « on: June 10, 2015, 03:07:33 AM »
    Hey guys, i am about to buy a new pc and i need your help. Should i buy one with AMD A10 with 4,0 GHz, 4 cores, and AMD R7 260x, 2GB, or should i wait 2 months and buy one with AMD FX-6300 with 3,5 GHz, 6-cores, and AMD R9 270? Both PCs have 1 TB and 8 GB RAM memory. I will use my pc for gaming and i have limited budget and this is offer my dad gave to me, so there is no editing.

P.S. I have a very old PC so i'm kinda in need of a new one

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Buying new PC
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 03:38:00 AM »
    Well, the second machine is significant better and has a much better upgrade path for the CPU but it entirely comes down to whether you are able to wait to afford it.

Do you have links to these machines in particular, often cheap premade "gaming" PCs can use really poor quality components so it's important to be careful and check what you are buying.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 05:27:02 AM »
    I'd really recommend seeing if you can find a company that will build something to your specifications or at least let you customize the machine.  The AMD A10 based one as I suspected has a very cheap power supply that I wouldn't trust and the second one doesn't specify what it has so I'd be suspicious of that too.

At least if you go to a company that lets you customise the system you can pick decent quality parts to ensure that what you are getting will last.  Premade ones tend to cut costs by using cheap parts that the average user won't check.

carsong

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:03:00 AM »
      You will find so many options but i suggest you Hp and dell . They are best for use. HP and dell has a lot more models available in decent and affordable price. And features are good.