Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Frustrating Mouse Problem  (Read 2263 times)

quicknick

Frustrating Mouse Problem
« on: November 13, 2005, 09:18:52 AM »
I have an older Dell Dimension 8100 that I have not used in a year.  When I powered it up and plugged in the Mcrosoft WirelessIntellimouse (it is UsB compatible and I have always used the USB port install) that had been used with the system, the mouse cursor froze and can not move.  A screen came up about whether or not I wanted to change form the Intelllimmouse.  I could not get to the screen without a cursor.  I couldn't even get to change the operation of the mouse over to the keyboard keys.

I would appreciate anyone'sa advise and assistance. Thank you!  

pcdoc4christ

Re: Frustrating Mouse Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 09:25:33 AM »
Quicknick:

Nearly everything you can do in Windows with a mouse you can do with the keyboard.

For example, pressing Alt Tab will toggle between windows; pressing the tab key and arrow keys in a window will move from item to item in the window; pressing the Enter key and space bar is the same as clicking with a mouse; you get the idea.

Doc
« Last Edit: November 13, 2005, 09:25:56 AM by pcdoc4christ »

Dell4700

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 01:25:12 PM »
quicknick,

- check the batteries in the mouse.  Whether you use the mouse or not, they will discharge.

- also check the placement of the receiver and mouse.  Not too far apart.

Dell

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:20:21 PM »
And move that cordless phone to another location.

patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "