Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! New lenovo u330p connects only to youtube  (Read 5597 times)

Traveladdict93

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    HELP! New lenovo u330p connects only to youtube
    « on: July 05, 2015, 05:17:32 AM »
    Hello everybody,

I am not at all a tech savy person but i just bought a new lenovo u330p OS windows 8.1 and i am experiencing some strange connectivity issues.

The first day i used it at home internet worked perfectly fine but since yesterday (day 3 i had it) i can connect to my wifi but i can't open any sites aside from youtube (ish). To be more specific If i type something in google it will load the search results but then if i click on the link the page is not available and it loads completely the youtube site but not the videos.

Again i don't understand much about computers but i have done some research and here is what i tried:

- delete temporary files: it worked briefely but then i restarted the laptop and i had those problems again

- i tried to ping google, facebook and some other less stable websites and i don't have any timeouts

- i tried reinstalling all drivers

- i triend enabling/ disabling and uninstalling/ reinstalling my wireless device

- i tried using the google dns (i switched it back to automatic now)

- using different browsers (chrome + internet explorer)

Nothing worked at all. 3 more important things to mention:

- the connection on my phone works perfectly

- i tried to connect it to my phone's 4g through the hotspot and it didn't work

- i thought that maybe chrome could load only google sites but gmail and maps don't work either

Please help!!! Try to explain in simple language and not skip steps cause again i am not very skilled at this.

Thank you so very much!
    « Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:28:04 AM by Traveladdict93 »

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HELP! New lenovo u330p connects only to youtube
    « Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 07:00:39 AM »
    Was this computer purchased as a returned (open box) or floor model computer to where someone may have messed with it before you got it?   (* I bought an open box system once from Staples that was marked down 25% $999 computer for $749 and when I got it home the original owner still had data on it, and system was registered to their name, and it was loaded with malware forcing me to have to perform a factory system restore to it with the recovery discs that came with it 10 years ago. )

The video play issue looks to me Flash missing from it. I'd go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and update flash.

The problem with other sites not loading could be flash or some other issue.

Traveladdict93

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 07:25:23 AM »
      No the computer is definitely new and unfortunately the last version of adobe is also installed on it so that cannot be the issue...

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 07:41:52 AM »
      I'd perform a system restore/recovery back to factory defaults and start fresh. If this doesnt fix the problem then I would bring it back to the store and get a replacement under warranty/customer satisfaction. A new computer out of the box shouldnt have any problems like this.