Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer restarting in the middle of a game?  (Read 2699 times)

dcocto

Topic Starter

• Aspiring (and atm almost failing) computer enginee
  • Experience: Familiar
Computer restarting in the middle of a game?
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:48:00 PM »
So to go into a little more detail, I have been getting this problem ever since i installed my GT 740. Whenever i play league, at any random time my computer will restart and instead of the regular restart ASUS bios (from what i recall) reports that it shut down the computer because it detected a power surge. This only start happening when i start playing league, for no other game does it do this (I usually play, Rome 2, EU4, 9dragons. I had Shogun 2, APB reloaded, Vindictus, but removed them to make space on my hard drive.) If anyone can provide any insight id greatly appreciate it :D. Also computer specs(from what i know of) follow.

I have Windows 7
Service pack 1
NZXT phantom computer
16 gigs of gaming ram(still have to check on that, friend gave them to me)
Corsair CX600M power supply
GeForce GT 740
Samsung 840 250 GB SSD(will update later to check accuracy.)

Not sure what else i need to add. If someone could just direct me to a page that has this problem( or similar one) I'd appreciate it.
Also if more details are needed please let me know as to which ones, i'm not sure what else i should be adding.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Computer restarting in the middle of a game?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:43:16 AM »
(from what i recall) reports that it shut down the computer because it detected a power surge.

Where are you seeing this message?   Windows event viewer or elsewhere...

Do you have a battery backup plugged in between this system and the wall to eliminate the chances that it was an actual power disruption to the system? If a battery backup is available to test with, I'd add one and see if this cures the issue. If it remains then the next step is swapping out the power supply with a known good supply and see if the problem remains.