Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help  (Read 1963 times)

rojan

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    help
    « on: July 10, 2015, 02:51:43 AM »
    Hello recently I had to delete my last portions to install my windows ,and I tried to recover my files and yes they recovered but there’s a problem that I’ve been trying to solve it but couldn’t !
    I can’t use any of my pdfs, rars, words, and my c++ courses, it’s making me crazy because I need them please help me

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: help
    « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 07:07:30 AM »
    Have you reinstalled the software that handles these file types? If you did a repair installation, then the registry is likely lacking entries for what may be orphan software that became orphaned by the repair process.

I would uninstall and reinstall the software that handles these if it shows them installed. If they are missing from the installed software listing buy yet they are there in Program Files etc, then they are orphaned and a reinstall will either stomp on top of the last install or it will detect the last install and allow importing of the last config for the fixed installation.