Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: confused totally  (Read 2205 times)

wilma2

confused totally
« on: November 14, 2005, 08:38:04 PM »
Hi there, here is the problem. I have 2 computers networked together with one monitor  and a kvm switch. Since I have mapped the network drives I hardly ever see the other pc going. But I did notice it was rebooting for no reason that i could tell.So I checked the bios of it and noticed the fan speed was 0 fearing overheating i took it apart and lighting blew it out with a handheld vaccum on low (not a full sized vacum but one meant for hobby stuff) as it was dusty. Especially the cpu fan. Now when i turn it on the power light comes on as does the harddrive indicator light but then there is nothing no beeps no output to monitor nothing.  And after some time of being on it sounds like the fan speeds up but still nothing else. Both fans seem to be working. thanks wilma2 :o

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: confused totally
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:09:29 PM »
It's possible something got loose when you did your maintenence routine...check to make sure all cables are in all the way and check the RAM sticks and vid card to make sure they are seated properly.

patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "