Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Too Many Crashes, Ethernet Won't Reconnect Unless Reboot  (Read 2104 times)

Mansa

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    Too Many Crashes, Ethernet Won't Reconnect Unless Reboot
    « on: July 20, 2015, 08:29:30 PM »
    Hey guys. Not so long ago I built a computer with the help of computerhope. Everything was going well, until I noticed that my computer crashes. A lot. I'm on windows 8.1, I used to get the "Windows has ran out of memory" which happened to be a problem with the ram, I quickly fixed It though, it wasnt a hardware thing.  Now I'm getting a lot more errors, tons of blue screens of death as well, like "Ntfs error". Aside from my computer crashing, other softwares do too. Like Firefox,  Google Chrome, Guild Wars 2, My Anti-virus, VLC player (although that could just be the fact that windows 8 is funky). Also, i dont have a wireless card on my computer, so its connected to an ethernet cable. The problem is that whenever the cable gets detached, my computer cant connect to the internet when i reattach it, unless i reboot the computer. Sometimes it just randomly disconnects. Help?

Accessless

Adviser
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Too Many Crashes, Ethernet Won't Reconnect Unless Reboot
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 12:08:57 AM »
    What was your initial problem & solution for your earlier RAM issue? (Just to rule it out)

I would try to run SeaTools to test your hard drive for failure. Given the frequency of blue screens, program crashes and freezes I would have expected for you to see a SMART error whilst booting up (although it's been some time since I last saw one).