Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does these Mac cleaning tools really work?  (Read 2625 times)

FionaWang

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Does these Mac cleaning tools really work?
    « on: July 21, 2015, 01:37:38 AM »
    I have a Macbook Air, and I got it in 2012. Now it is getting slower and sluggish especially after I updating to OS X Yosemite. I knew there are many Mac cleaning tools and some of them are not free. MY question is : Does these cleaner really work? Will they boost my Mac speed?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Does these Mac cleaning tools really work?
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 09:49:51 AM »
    This forum gets some requests of Apple. And there are some experts here. Myself, I have no had a Apple desktop for a long time. But the Apple support community is very active. Here is a post I just found that sounds like your problem
    Yosemite slow on Macbook Air
    Take a look and see.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
    In general all PC "cleaning" tools are garbage...i'd stay away.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
    I'd suggest to get speed back you could try saving all data to an external drive and performing a  clean install of the OS. If its still slow after this then, you would need a hardware upgrade to increase speed if it even supports an upgrade. If its internet speeds then you will need a faster internet connection or stop others from hogging bandwidth choking your system off.

Most systems run better after a fresh install of an OS that is then updated to fullest security updates. However I am not a Mac guy and so you might find that your computer is just too weak of processing power to run the OS of choice at a speed that you desire. If it were a Windows based system I would be of more help on this subject.  :)

Cleaning Tools generally dont work out so well. Most dont help and sometimes make the problem worse. The cleanest you can be is a clean fresh build of the OS.  ;)