Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Copy Word File to Disc  (Read 2330 times)

Bubba Daddy

Copy Word File to Disc
« on: November 13, 2005, 04:55:42 PM »
I want to transfer a word file to a disc which I do not want copied or printed from. Is this possible? Also, the file will have a photo that I placed on the page from clip art.

If it is possible? If so, what kind of disc should I buy and what steps do I take to do the transfer from the word file to the disc.    

I have windows XP.

Thanks,

Bubba Daddy . . . computer flunky

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Copy Word File to Disc
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 05:01:22 PM »
    By default all files will have at least the read attribute if not then no-one will be able to read it.

You would need to have XP Pro and set the security defaults so everyone only has read attributes, they would still be able to copy the file to their system but not change it. In terms of stopping them printing it, I don't think you could stop that unless you have some special 3rd party application. Nothing I know of available though..sorry.

Even Microsoft discs can have data copied to a hard drive without special software, it's just part of the function of reading the discs.
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

Bubba Daddy

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 06:12:08 AM »
    Thanks for your response.

I understand that the file would have to be copied to their system as a "read only" file, but I do not want them to be able to make another disc of the file.

As to stopping them from printing the file, it would appear that this would not be a realistic goal of mine.

Thanks again, your input. It is appreciated.

Saviour

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 05:04:23 PM »

Bubba Daddy

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
    Thanks Savior.

Good information. I will read it several times to better understand it.