Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't Left click with mouse, works fine otherwise  (Read 3422 times)

wolfman

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Can't Left click with mouse, works fine otherwise
    « on: July 31, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »
    Started a week ago, when I couldn't double click to open icons. I could Right click and select open, or use the start menu. But now it is a big deal because I have to download a program for work, but I can't click on the box saying I agree to  the agreement before I do the download. It's a logitech cordless mouse. I've changed the batteries. I've restarted computer. Under device manager, says mouse working properly. I tried system restore. Not sure what to do next. The R click and cursor part work, so I know it's recognized. I had a hard time booting up last week and was hitting alot of the F buttons on top if that helps at all. I'm not real good dealing with bios, registry or safe mode, so you may have to dumb down your explanations, so I can figure it out. Thanks

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't Left click with mouse, works fine otherwise
    « Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 05:52:44 PM »
    First thing is get a regular mouse.
    Meanwhile:
    Applies to Windows 7
        Open the Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard page by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Ease of Access, clicking Ease of Access Center, and then clicking Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard.
        Select the options that you want to use: Use On-Screen Keyboard.

Does that help?  :)

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't Left click with mouse, works fine otherwise
    « Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
    Have you tried the mouse on another computer, it's probably faulty?