Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LIVE USB !!!!!!!!!  (Read 2514 times)

djaved

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    LIVE USB !!!!!!!!!
    « on: August 09, 2015, 07:09:12 AM »
    Made a live usb to install linux (dont hate). Afterwards I tried to open it, it said "unable to mount try to format to FAT32". So I used GParted and formatted it to FAT32. Still  wont  work . I tried all other formats a the still nothing. WHY !!!! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO U STUPID AWWIORFJPWETRJAWPOINFHN !!!?!!?!!? (just a bit of rage)

EDIT - Its a external hardrive to be precise
    « Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 09:59:39 AM by patio »

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: LIVE USB !!!!!!!!!
    « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »
    Clean your act up...we have Members of all ages here...

patio.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
    Please explain further without the emotions shared on how you feel about it so we can assist...

What Linux Distro and Version?
    What Drive Make/Model are you using?
    What computer make/model and specs are you using with it?

Is this Distro an alteration of another build such as one that you took a Live Distro and added or removed software to it and then created a new ISO?

Any other additional info that would help us from having to make guess work of your setup and situation?

Reading what you have here it seems like you created a Live Bootable USB drive and are trying to open it with Windows maybe in which it wants to format the drive because its not familiar with Linux on the drive.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
    If the OP has a hard time doing something the hard way, he needs to start over.

Boot from an external hard drive is the hard way.The  USB protocol is peculiar and does not lean itself to booting a hard drive.

The easy way is to boot from a USB flash drive. That is well-documented. Just Google for Boot Linux from USB stick

But to boot from an external hard drive is not standard.  Give up. Use USB flash drive.