Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't see anything on monitor  (Read 2503 times)

curly

Can't see anything on monitor
« on: November 13, 2005, 08:06:12 PM »
 ???
I loaded some software that messed up my display and made the resolution really small and I was unable to change it, even after removing the software.  However, in the process, I inadvertently disabled the VGA and now I am unable to view anything on my monitor after the initial start-up info.
HELP!  If I can't see my screen, how can I re-enable the VGA display so that my monitor will work??

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Can't see anything on monitor
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 08:24:59 PM »
Re-boot into Safe Mode by tapping F8 in the boot process and re-enable your video...
Bet you won't do that again.

patio.  8)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

curly

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:36:03 PM »
Thanks - I was so excited, however, I did that and it's still not working.  Any other suggestions?
P.S.  Before installing this *#@! software, everything was just peachy!

Frankie

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 07:02:39 AM »
    Hit F8 a few times after the POST screen, before the Windows splash screen. It will give you the list of options such as boot into safe mode and such. Choose VGA mode. Windows will boot up normally so you aren't limited like you are in safe mode. Then just install the correct driver for your card, reboot and all is fixed.