Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I uninstall Windows 10??  (Read 32980 times)

SheIsMe

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
    How do I uninstall Windows 10??
    « on: August 12, 2015, 12:35:29 PM »
     :o
    My husband downloaded the new Window's 10 and hates it, and wanted me to remove it. According to Microsoft you have an option to go back to previous Windows for the first 30 days...
    He has had it 4 days....and it doesn't not give us an option to uninstall and reinstall Windows 8.1...

Any help is appreciated... He's driving me crazy over this.... ;D

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: How do I uninstall Windows 10??
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »
    1) Here are detailed instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

2) For future reference, you should NEVER perform any major change or software installation without first creating a disc image to which you can easily return. EVERYONE should use disc imaging software on a regular basis

3) W10 and W8 are VERY similar. What is it he doesn't like?

SheIsMe

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »
      Change...  :o

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 03:35:23 PM »
      LOL ;D ;D

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2015, 03:43:31 PM »
      Change...  :o

So why isn't he still on Windows 95?

artbuc

Apprentice

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 02:28:12 AM »
        1) Here are detailed instructions: http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/

2) For future reference, you should NEVER perform any major change or software installation without first creating a disc image to which you can easily return. EVERYONE should use disc imaging software on a regular basis

3) W10 and W8 are VERY similar. What is it he doesn't like?

Allan, are you still recommending Macrium Reflect? I use the free edition and it seems to work fine. I only had to use the back-up once when my HD failed back when I was using XP. It worked perfectly. I ask because on another forum, a person who apparently does computer work for a living, said Reflect images were unreliable and he recommended Acronis. Thanks.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 05:41:46 AM »
        IMO, Acronis True Image is the best of breed, but it is not free. Macrium Reflect is still one of the best free options (though there are several others). And Macrium images are certainly as reliable as any others - just be sure to verify images when they are created (as you should with ANY disc imaging software - including Acronis).