Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Alienware Alpha completely gone. Please Help :'(  (Read 6010 times)

Andrew4556

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• My Alienware Alpha is my baby.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Alienware Alpha completely gone. Please Help :'(
« on: August 15, 2015, 02:16:38 AM »
So I messed up and I need to know how to fix what I've done. I got my internet password changed and the Alienware Alpha UI wouldn't let me connect to the internet after several attempts with the new password entered correctly. I tried restarting the console and all the basic stuff, but it still wouldn't connect. I looked it up and other people were having the same problem. They said that the only way to fix it at the moment was to restore it to the factory settings. So I went to do that, but it started to take a long time and I changed my mind so I turned it off. Then when I booted it back up, it had a blue screen that said the computer needed to be repaired or whatever and to hit F8 to go to the special settings. I also looked up how to fix this problem but then when I did what they said would fix it, it messed it all up. Then when I booted it up again, it was a black screen that said I need to reinstall the windows thing. (I can't remember what it said) then to press a key when its installed. So now I can't do anything with my Alienware Alpha. When I press any button it pops up the same message in white letters over and over.  :'( Please help

EDIT: Worked perfectly before. Was really fun to play games with. Now its messed up and I have no idea how to fix it. :(

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Alienware Alpha completely gone. Please Help :'(
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »
you've obliterated the Operating System Install by interrupting the Factory Restore.

You will need to get a Windows disc to reinstall Windows. You may be able to get a factory restore DVD from Dell if you contact their support, which will allow you to hopefully complete the restore process.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Andrew4556

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 06:50:26 PM »
Ok I'll try that, Thank you very much. How would you suggest I install windows to it? There isn't a disc driver on the device so I could get it on a usb drive. Right? So when i get it on a usb drive, I plug it in and press a button? If so, how do i get it onto a usb drive? Thanks again.

Andrew4556

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
I got it. I found this link that tells me how to get a restore program onto a usb flash drive which will repair the system and get the windows back onto it.
http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5132-recovery-drive-create-usb-flash-drive-windows-8-a.html

Andrew4556

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 12:18:59 PM »
I got the restore thing onto a USB drive and it still didn't fix it. I turned on my Alienware Alpha to the black screen and it said to select a proper boot media and then press a key. I put the USB into it and pressed a key and nothing happened. I pressed all the keys and it just kept repeating the same message in white letters. Can someone please tell me what I need to do to fix this?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
Try setting the HDD as 1st boot device...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Andrew4556

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 02:58:32 PM »
Try setting the HDD as 1st boot device...
How do I do that? Whenever I turn it on it starts as a black screen and it shows the message in white letters and it repeats it over and over whenever a button on the keyboard is pressed. So I can't do anything because it's stuck like that.