Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Exe Crashes on Win7  (Read 3147 times)

psijakeri

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Exe Crashes on Win7
    « on: August 22, 2015, 01:10:52 PM »
    Hello.

So the problem Im facing is almost the most .exe files crashing on Win7-32bit. It crashed for me and I reinstalled windows and motherboard drivers because I thought that was a problem. Everything was working fine on a new windows for 1 day,then the second day its happening again. What I've been using so far is Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer,Teamspeak 3,Counter Strike Global offensive. Shockwave in Chrome is crashing all the time and there is no way to fix it(tried all possible solutions to fix). Chrome is crashing time to time(once in an hour) so does the firefox and internet explorer too. Teamspeak 3 doesn't crashes very often but it does to once in day. And Counter Strike Global Offensive is crashing 1-2 time in an hour. Im not sure what to do fix this problem.

What I did so far and found no help/solution:
    - Reinstalled Windows and let it automatically update and install my motherboard drivers(first time I installed it manually)
    - Tested RAM's with windows Diagnostic Utility Tool and with Memtest86(no errors)
    - Tested CPU with OCCT, pushed it to max and temperatures are OK.
    - Tested GPU with MSI Afterburner and everything is fine
    - Reinstalled GPU drivers but only switched between auto driver detect and manual download from NVIDIA site
    - Scanned PC with Nortno and Anti Malware Bytes,nothing found
    - Downclokced my CPU since its clocked

What I think I might try:
    - Install older version of GPU drivers
    - Check HDD-s for bad sectors and errors
    - Downgrading DirectX...I can see that installed DirectX on my OS is directx 11 and as far as I know my GPU doesnt support more than directx 10(I tried reinstalling the Windows again since there is no way to downgrade DirectX, and I checked the dxdiag and I already have DirectX11 on new windows.. I disconnected PC from internet before installing windows so I dont get how it installed directx automatically)
    - Maybe try 64 bit windows!?

My PC specification:
    - Gigabyte P35-DS3R Motherboard
    - 3GB of RAM
    - Nvidia GTS250 GPU
    - Pentium R Dual Core CPU E5200 @2.50GHz(clocked to 3.50Ghz)
    - Windows 7 Professional 32bit 6.1(Build 7601)

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Exe Crashes on Win7
    « Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 04:56:55 PM »
    Remove overclocking & it won't crash anymore.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Exe Crashes on Win7
    « Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
    Pentium R Dual Core CPU E5200 @2.50GHz(clocked to 3.50Ghz)

WoW thats one extreme overclock for a Pentium E5200!!!!! I have a Pentium E5400 2.7Ghz system and best I could get was 3.1 Ghz without running into issues and I had to raise the memory voltage up to 2 Volts from 1.9V to get 3.1Ghz because with 1.9Volts I could only get 2.92Ghz and it would act up beyond that at 1.9Volts.

I agree to get rid of that overclock and as long as you didnt cook anything the issue should be gone. 3.5Ghz is greedy out of that E5200. Pushing it too hard and I am guessing you had to raise voltages a good amount to get there. Hopefully no damaged RAM sticks etc. Whats your temps running at that extreme overclock?