Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 and possible privacy infringment  (Read 20806 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Windows 10 and possible privacy infringment
« on: August 19, 2015, 08:10:25 PM »
Greetings!

I recently had the pleasure of upgrading to windows 10, as many others did. So far, im enjoying how lightweight it is, considering im using it on a Pentium 4, a Core 2 Duo and an AMD athlon. So from that end pretty happy, considering windows 7 was a good release but quite resource hungry. With 10 we see many older machines being revived with minimal upgrades, mainly RAM. However, there is a catch. According to many websites the EULA states that Microsoft is going to be and i quote:

"We may collect information about your device and applications and use it for purposes such as determining or improving compatibility” and “use voice input features like speech-to-text, we may collect voice information and use it for purposes such as improving speech processing.”

they also state:

“If you open a file, we may collect information about the file, the application used to open the file, and how long it takes any use [of]it for purposes such as improving performance, or [if you]enter text, we may collect typed characters, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spell check features.”

Like, how does that make end users feel? The fact that windows 10, is free and from what ive used so far fairly a nice system, but its spyware. And by downloading the free update and using it you legally agree to this. You agree to be spied on, your every move watched. Other articles go on about windows 10 ending piracy and whilst watching you they will kill torrented software. I in no way saying that torrented software is acceptable, as i to develop, or used to, but privacy is at stake here.

Read more: http://www.techworm.net/2014/10/microsofts-windows-10-permission-watch-every-move.html

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows 10 and possible privacy infringment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 08:26:21 PM »
None of those quotes are from the Windows 10 License Terms/EULA. They are from the Privacy Statement for the Windows 10 Technical Preview. There is similar text with OneDrive and their other network-enabled services.
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.