Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How many pages ? ?  (Read 5277 times)

Verylost

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: How many pages ? ?
    « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 10:18:54 PM »
    Well excuse me for thinking that their are smart math geeks here that can do the " Math " blindfolded in a snap; but all of you have proved me dead wrong.      I wrongly guessed that it was this sites purpose to answer all questions not nit pick over them and drag it out ; but you all proved that wrong.

But luckly elsewhere i had the correct answer posted on the 3rd post in a non - combative mode .

And the answer;  the  " Math "  goes something like this with no excuses posted below  .

As for why i didn t do the math myself; i stink at math and for me i ask not  a crime and no e book spec s .

-  -  -  -  -  -  - - - - - - - -

First convert 10,272kB to MB by dividing it by 1000:
    10,272kB/1000=10.272MB

Then we can calculate how much space does one page take:
    10.272MB/300=0.03424MB

After that we can finally calculate how many pages does one megabyte require
    1MB/0.03424MB=29.2

So around ~30 pages/MB. . .

_  _  _  _  _

300 p  = 10 mb

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »
    Well excuse me for thinking that their are smart math geeks here that can do the " Math " blindfolded in a snap; but all of you have proved me dead wrong.
    I can't speak for ST or Camerongray but the arithmetic is quite straightforward and it was quite easy to figure out. (I did so as I was somewhat curious myself) I did not share my results as I was not interested in helping you avoid cognitive exercise.

And the answer;  the  " Math "  goes something like this with no excuses posted below  .
    That is the answer to a different question.

Your question here is, "if one page of text is 64 lines by 73 columns, how many pages will fit in a megabyte". The question you got answered was, "if 300 pages take 10,272K and all pages use the same amount of storage, how many pages will fit in 1MB". These are two different questions, and as it happens, they have two different answers. (And both require different assumptions to be made as well)
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #17 on: August 20, 2015, 02:17:06 PM »
    Well excuse me for thinking that their are smart math geeks here that can do the " Math " blindfolded in a snap; but all of you have proved me dead wrong.
    Watch your attitude, maybe the people here wanted to help you more by actually getting you to understand and learn how the calculation works rather than simply giving you an answer which teaches you nothing.

Classic case of "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."

Then again, I should have expected this, the vast majority of your other posts on the forum are similarly rude.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2015, 02:20:44 PM »
    Watch your attitude
    It's very passive-aggressive, which puts one off somewhat. I actually posted an example calculation and a couple of example e-book file sizes but I edited them out when I saw what he had been posting.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #19 on: August 20, 2015, 02:46:15 PM »
    Okay guys. Let's let it go please. We've all read the thread and understand what's going on.