Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Opera Versions 12.15 and 31.0.  (Read 4072 times)

El_Baz1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Opera Versions 12.15 and 31.0.
« on: August 27, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
I've been using Opera for years and have had no problems with it. I have two versions on my desktop 12.15 and 31.0. My main reasons for keeping and using version 12.15 are, it is customisable in that you can reposition you tab and address bars, I much prefer to have mine at the bottom as opposed to at the top. The second reason I still use it is that it has a good feed reader far better than most I've seen and tried.

Opera 31 is good to a point, but it no longer has an feed reader and worst of all there is no way to export your bookmarks, at least I haven't found a way to do it. I find it incredible that a browser has no way of exporting bookmarks. In version 12.15 my bookmarks run into the hundreds. If I have to reinstall Opera 12.15 having cleaned out my hard disc, which I do every six months or less when the need arises, I can import my saved bookmarks and feed list once I've reinstalled Opera. I cannot do the same with version 31, this means any bookmarks I've saved will be lost when I clear out my hard disc.

Incidentally all my software installation and data files are on a portable disc drive, even these are backed up on DVDs. The only files on my internal hard drive are the OS and program files and anything else needed for running of the computer.

Does anyone know of a way to save Opera 31 bookmarks?   

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Opera Versions 12.15 and 31.0.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 01:59:18 PM »
Not sure of this exactly applies to 31, but it might still be true for Opera. I don't use opera to say whether it still applies or not, but towards the bottom of this site it shows how to back them up for opera. There is the option to export for HTML format or Opera format. I'd try the Opera format, although HTML format might be more universal between versions. http://www.howtogeek.com/136116/how-to-easily-back-up-and-migrate-your-browser-bookmarks/

El_Baz1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 03:12:37 PM »
Dave the examples shown appertain to versions 12.15 and below. With version 31 there is no way to manage your bookmarks let alone save them.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

El_Baz1

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 12:25:46 AM »
Thanks to all of you, I found the bookmarks file AppData > Roaming > Opera Software > Opera Stable. Next time before I clear the hard drive I'll copy the folder to my software folder on the external drive. Hopefully this will solve the problem.