Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Doesn't Post/ Boot, Error Code "00" Displayed  (Read 4744 times)

CamB

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Computer Doesn't Post/ Boot, Error Code "00" Displayed
    « on: August 31, 2015, 10:36:01 PM »
    Before you say: "Oh, just do this", trust me, I've tried it. I need actual help. I've been trying now for nearly two months (at least once every week after researching different methods) to get my newly built gaming computer running.

The error/ problem I'm experiencing is that the computer is not posting, nor booting. Meanwhile, the red "CPU_led" icon on the board glows red and doesn't turn off, indicating a problem. The board's error code reader also displays "00", which comes on when the unit is plugged in but not turned on, which means it isn't booting or posting.

First, I've tried using BIOS Flashback and eZ Update 2 from ASUS to update the BIOS on my motherboard, downloading and redownloading the BIOS version multiple times from ASUS' website after it did not work, time after time. I've also tried booting with one stick of RAM, booting with only one of each 5 storage devices that I have hooked up to the system, getting a new CPU, and much more! The parts are all verified to have worked, as they all light up or spin and everything, and I had two different CPUs, RAM sticks, and storage devices that I tested.

Here are the specifications:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula
    GPU: (nVidia) PNY GTX 780 Ti XLR8
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2x8GB
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX
    HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB
    SSDs: (4x) Corsair Neutron XT 240GB
    PSU: Corsair AX1200i
    Case (doesn't really matter): Corsair Obsidian Series 750D

I'm about ready to disassemble the whole thing and give up on gaming with a computer as a whole, so I'd love any help I can get.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer Doesn't Post/ Boot, Error Code "00" Displayed
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:17:53 AM »
    Assuming you swapped out the PSU so you know that voltages are all up to par with the load requirements. Assuming all connections are correct 12V molex etc in addition to power supply main connection.

Why haven't you tried a different motherboard yet?

I have fought with some of the hardest motherboard failures in the past convinced that I should be able to fix the issue. Maybe its a VRM, Maybe its a Cap, Maybe I can desolder and solder a new BIOS ROM chip to bricked board etc. I have found that its less frustrating just spending money on a new motherboard if that's what it points to.

I'd say that your looking at swapping out motherboard with a new one, and with known good components you'd be back up and running.

I'm about ready to disassemble the whole thing and give up on gaming with a computer as a whole, so I'd love any help I can get.
    True gamers are determined to get back up and running. That's why your here. I know you should be all set if power supply is swapped if not already swapped with known good or you swap the motherboard, if all other parts are healthy.