Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New build no video signal on various monitors  (Read 2323 times)

pnoman424

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    New build no video signal on various monitors
    « on: October 03, 2015, 02:49:29 PM »
    I recently built a new computer using an MSI A78M-E35 with an AMD A4-7300 and Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB Single DDR3 RAM. The build went fine, I didn't realize I couldn't use my old DVD drive because the mobo only has SATA plugs, anyway, I tried booting up after the peripherals were plugged in and No signal was detected from the monitor but the computer was running, no beeps. I realized that I didn't have power plugged into the CPU power plug so after I plugged that in I turned it on while it was plugged in with hdmi to my TV and I got a signal, which was a screen telling me the settings were too high for the monitor and to press a key to continue, After that I set the computer aside and today installed my new video card and tried again, with no signal, now I've spent the day reading forums all over the Internet to no avail. I forgot what keys it had me press and I can't find it mentioned anywhere no matter what keywords I use to search.

I've removed the video card, cycled the power to the monitor and computer, unplugged the HD, reset the CMOS battery, and the CMOS jumpers, removed RAM and heard beeps, switched the RAM to the other slot, and through all this have maintained proper ESD protection. I have no optical drive, and no OS installed. What am I missing? I've followed the various trouble shooting guides on tomshardware.com and elsewhere. Thanks in advance for your help.

*update- after going to the live chat here at computer hope, we found out that my ram was not on the approved list for the mobo, but my concern is that it worked at one point and now it doesn't. I'm ordering new RAM but in the meantime I feel confident that the computer is waiting for me to push those keys that I don't recall.