Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't get my wireless printer to work!  (Read 2743 times)

EthanDarkley

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Can't get my wireless printer to work!
    « on: October 03, 2015, 09:37:52 PM »
    I'm losing my mind! I'm trying to get my supposedly 'wireless' printer to send out a wireless signal. I've been at this for DAYS!!! I've tried every fix I can find online....to no avail!

Help! 

I'm using an HP Deskjet 3050a Wireless Printer
    A Cisco Linksys e2000 Router 
    And
    An HP laptop running Windows 7.

Anyone have any non-typical or little-known fixes for this?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Can't get my wireless printer to work!
    « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:49:15 PM »
    The details are in the documentation.

Here is a typical way to do it.
    You start by getting the printer to work over USB and install all the drivers and support software.
    Later, you can setup the printer to work in wireless. You  will need a good wireless adapter to find the signal.
    Some wireless printers require you to use a wireless router to get connected.

Salmon Trout

Re: Can't get my wireless printer to work!
    « Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 12:52:49 AM »
    This is a general help forum. You will have a better chance of success if you contact people who actually have experience of this particular printer, such as owners or HP help agents, and a good place to start would be HP's own help forum. Below is a link to a thread about getting this very same printer to connect wirelessly (marked "solved"). Also on the page is an "ask a new question" button which you could use to join the forum and start a new thread, should that solution not work for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Wireless-HP-Desktop-305a-J611-series-will-not-connect-to-new/td-p/5091305