Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to move files of a certain type* with folder?  (Read 2701 times)

getgcs

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    how to move files of a certain type* with folder?
    « on: October 20, 2015, 10:49:53 PM »
    How can you move a file of certain type with its parent folder without taking the other files with it?

For short easy example I want to move all pictures including (taking with) their direct parent folder to a new main parent folder.

For more specific example I want to move my pictures out of every folder heres only one for example: (c:\oldpc\bob\something1\reallycool\users\desktop\fromoldpc\pics) .
    I want them to be moved with the last folder they are in (In that example its called pics. I do not want anything else to copy over with them when I move them to the Main Parent folder I want them to go in. For example if there are music files inside the picture folder I do not want the pictures.

Besides just manually searching in every single folder for *.jpg, *.bmp and then also manually creating every single folder again, how can I do this? Is there any commands via CMD I can try? Or Java scripts? Or possibly a free program for example Nexusfile or Multicommander?