Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: GTX 770 Live Kernel error 141  (Read 4562 times)

jbonz37

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    GTX 770 Live Kernel error 141
    « on: October 25, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
    Hi everyone, I am posting this to multiple forums today in the hope that someone somewhere can help.  I am coming here as a last resort of sorts. Here is a run down of what happens and what I have tried. This is a long post so that I can be as specific as possible.

System: windows 10, EVGA GTX 770, Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5 ghz 4 cores, 16 gig ddr3 ram

Problem: Playing a game (usually cities skylines) and in the middle of playing. Game crashes and I get an error pop-up, nvidia display driver has stopped working. I thought this might be a game specific issue and tried Fifa 16 and GTAV, all had similar crashes or the computer restarted without warning (I am really worried about that one!).
    What I have tried: 1. Look at reliability history whenever it happens. When the display dirver error occurs I get a message in reliability history which is:

Source Windows
    Summary Hardware error
    Date ‎10/‎25/‎2015 12:02 PM
    Status Report sent
    Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.
    Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141
    Parameter 1: ffffe00101fbd010
    Parameter 2: fffff800b6522d28
    Parameter 3: 0
    Parameter 4: 1a48
    OS version: 10_0_10240 Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1
    OS Version: 10.0.10240.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available) WD-20151025-1202.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml
    Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: BAD_DUMPFILE

When the computer crashes I get nothing in reliability history.

Looked online for possible solutions, came up with very little similarities but did try updating drivers.

Called EVGA, they advised me to do a clean install of drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, so I did and installed the latest driver from Nvidia. I was also advised to clean all components, which were filled with dust, so I did with a can of air. I now have a very clean computer. The third thing was to check the voltage on the 12v rail, which is 12.02v, so that is fine. The final piece of advice was to use precision x with the osd to monitor temp as I played. I also use precision x to limit the temp which never raises above 79c and never goes above about 66% power. The latest crash occurred at 72c, which seems too cool to be a temp problem.

Like I said I am at wits end here. What else can I try? I'm not sure where to find dump files and other things like that that you may want to see, so please direct me to the proper location if you need that. I have also tried using speccy, but not sure how to get those files for you. I would be very grateful if you could help me figure this out. Thanks alot

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: GTX 770 Live Kernel error 141
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 05:36:04 PM »
    Kinda suprised EVGA didn't suggest their own drivers...have you tried that ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: GTX 770 Live Kernel error 141
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 12:57:58 PM »
    Have you always had this problem or did it start recently?  If it hasn't always been an issue, can you think of any changes that took place before this started?