Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB Power Surge issue.  (Read 2197 times)

krister

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    USB Power Surge issue.
    « on: October 29, 2015, 03:12:56 PM »
    i'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 series 7537 laptop with Windows 8 OS.
    I used to have a cooler (Brand: DeepCool, dual fan) connected in one of my USB ports and had the said cooler connected to an optical gaming mouse and a keyboard (the cooler had extra USB slots). It was working perfectly for the past 3 to 4 months, however, when i plugged in the cooler yesterday, it was not detected. and when i separately plugged in the mouse, i got the error USB power surge. First, i tried using different USB ports but still got the same error. So i did a little online search on how to fix it and updated all my drivers, tried several methods of uninstalling the USB ports from the device manager and/or disabling them, but my mouse and cooler still do not work. Now, the error message doesn't show up but they are still not working. My USB keyboard is working fine tho.

Any help is appreciated! Cheers!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: USB Power Surge issue.
    « Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 06:29:58 AM »
    If you avoid the cooler and instead just plug the mouse in direct to the computer, does the keyboard and mouse then both work?

Its quite possible that the cooler itself has died and anything plugged into the cooler will not function.