Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer crashing when playing a game and watching a video at the same time.  (Read 4838 times)

hendo72

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been having this really irritating problem. It seems that if I'm playing any one of my games and I'm watching a video at the same time, my computer will crash and my monitors will go to sleep. Generally, it's the monitors going to sleep that tells me that it's crashed. I can still hear sounds and usually one of my monitors will stay on for a few seconds after the others have turned off.

I have 3 monitors connected to my computer. I play my games on my main and watch videos on my secondary one.

This has happened while playing at least 4 different games and it doesn't seem to matter whether I'm watching my video player or in a browser window.

I do want to point out that I have no problems as long as I don't do both of them at the same time. I also did not have this problem when I was using Windows 7.

I have to hard boot my computer to recover it.

I have verified that all of my drivers are up-to-date. I have tried a clean boot. I have ran 'SFC /scannow'.

I've been working under the assumption that the problem is video related. I removed all nVidia software and drivers before doing a clean installation.

My next step is to test my video cards and RAM.

Any input would be appreciated, as this problem is really driving me crazy.
I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Experience: Expert
What kind of computer case do your have?
What graphics card(s) ?
Motherboard?
What kind of cooling system?
Do you monitor tempos while playing and watching video?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Is that your rig in your specs list ? ?
If so your asking too much of that PC.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hendo72

Topic Starter

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
I've been checking the MS forums and I've found several posts with people having the exact same issue.
Is that your rig in your specs list ? ?
If so your asking too much of that PC.
I put the important stuff in the spec list.

What do you mean by 'too much"? I never had a problem until I upgraded to Windows 10. I've been watching my temps and everything. Nothing above the norm.

I disconnected my 3rd monitor and I'm only using 1 of my vid cards to power the other 2. The temp on the unused card is 37C and the other one is 52C.
My CPU is averaging around low 40s (58C TJ Max).

What kind of computer case do your have?
What graphics card(s) ?
Motherboard?
What kind of cooling system?
Do you monitor tempos while playing and watching video?
My wife bought me a Fractal R4 case for Christmas a couple years ago because I was having cooling issues. No issues since. I use air cool and with plenty of air flow.
I'm always monitoring my system temps. I've melted a system before.

I just had a crash about an hour ago.

I found this in the event log:
Faulting application name: Solitaire.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5604736f
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16548, time stamp: 0x56133a14
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x000000000044b4d8
Faulting process id: 0x1e84
Faulting application start time: 0x01d112ae7bac0fcf
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.4.9241.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Solitaire.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report Id: 7ab58010-6db0-43a2-b3f9-1407d7832757
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_ 3.4.9241.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
I didn't say it was your fault. I said I was going to blame you.