Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bios Update: Award Software International inc  (Read 19691 times)

DylanLake

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Bios Update: Award Software International inc
    « on: December 02, 2015, 07:43:32 PM »
     New member, IT student, I've read the stickies, first post, let's get to it.

Considered placing in the Win Vista/7 section, but it has to do with a new graphics card and needed to update my BIOS.

My computer is a custom built, that I was gifted years ago:

SilverStone is marked on the casing if that helps lol

Old graphics card info

New card info: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487052&cm_re=02g-p3-3733-kr-_-14-487-052-_-Product

My PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341032

Here's my sound info if you find any use for it.
    http://i.imgur.com/2Lbuchv.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kOBdSDf.jpg

I use two Dell monitors simultaneously, can look up power draws if approximation isn't good enough.
    Dell 2009W
    Dell S2209W
    -----

Long story short, wanted to play Space Engineers with friends, planets being new to me (Totally awesome, played on their computer for a bit) and my computer couldn't run it with planets.

It required Dx11 and my card could only reach Dx10.

I bought this new card and assumed I had installed correctly as I was able to install all the drivers for it, were I to throw the new card back in I think it would boot just fine and the drivers would still be fine.

The problem is, after a period of time beyond booting (could be 60 seconds, could be 10 mins) the computer will just power off without warning and reboot. It will ask me to do startup repair for the sudden shut down.

I may be mistaken, but I figure my PSU is not the issue for a number of reasons.

I've looked all day for solutions. I've plugged it straight into the wall rather than a surge protector. I've made sure all my drivers are in line, I have the CD in the machine currently. I've booted with a single monitor to reduce power use.

The one solution I have yet to put to use is to update my BIOS (and if this doesn't work, maybe my motherboard can't handle the power draw). I have done it for other computers in the past, HP, Compaq, Dell, but I cannot find anything on Award Software International, Inc. to download the update. Through searching I have found that I can at least update from F5 to F7 which may solve my problem, but I cannot for the life of me find anywhere to download it from.

I know they merged with Phoenix, and eSupport.com. I cannot find anything that allows me to access the updates I need, no where I look. All I get is this same site every time and it looks so jank...

http://biosagentplus.com/?ref=36&PHPSESSID=91i0ighk2pjcfgnmprodlbmnp2

Bios Agent Plus, it just plain looks like a scam, how aggressive its sale pitch is and that without it I apparently just can't get my BIOS. I saw on forums that people were at least having results, so knowing I could get my money back if needed I got it.

Waste of time. I paid for BIOSAgent and received DRIVERAgent...

So I'm at a loss. I see on forums that people are able to find these BIOS updates, but I never see links or instructions on where to go to get it. Unlike the brand name companies who have a site to go to, there's nothing but scams for this one?

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bios Update: Award Software International inc
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
    First of all, pursue a refund for BIOSAgent - Totally worthless junk.

You need to find the model number of your motherboard, you can then download the BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer's website.

DylanLake

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:10:35 PM »
      I've listed it.

Gigabyte Tech, X48-DS5

Here's the listing under cmd

The exact problem described being, that there is no manufacturer site to download from.
      Or at least I am unable to find it....
      ----------------------------
      Okay, nevermind, EBCAK.

Was looking for Award software, when I needed to look for Gigabyte...  ::)

Whelp, nvm everyone. Problem solved.
      http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2766&dl=1#bios
      ---
      Edit: Just got done requesting refund.

DylanLake

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 11:15:55 PM »
        I appear to have lost the ability to edit, so please excuse the double post.

So I successfully reflashed my bios to the newest F8C, double checked in POST and cmd, and it has done nothing to solve this problem.

My computer is still restarting, and to the point where installing graphics drivers or anything for that matter is impossible as it'll restart before it finishes.

I tried installing the new drivers while the old card was in and no success.

I've run out of options I am aware of, minus buying a new MB, but I also don't want to just give up looking for solutions, buy a new board, and have it still restart. I'd like to know exactly what is causing this.

Watching temps and voltage in CMOS/BIOS and my 12V isn't dipping (12.4 lowest), all power is apparently stable.

The temp is rising over time, much more slowly I would assume just being in BIOS, but perhaps I need to find a better cooling method. Now thinking it's an overheating issue. The question then being, why?
        ---
        Nope, temps never went above 50C and it still did it... Perhaps I'm just gonna have to wait until I build a new from scratch?
        ---
        Final edit before waiting for instruction:
        Got the BSOD, a DISK BOOT FAILURE, and headache until I just reverted to my old graphics card. At least it's not restarting, still got the new BIOS too.
        « Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:10:26 AM by DylanLake »