Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Computer Upgraded Problems  (Read 2138 times)

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
    • Experience: Beginner
    Gaming Computer Upgraded Problems
    « on: December 08, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
    I had updated my computer that I use for just gaming.  It was a Pentium 4 and was told that I should and needed to make it a AM3+  When I attempt too play Skyrim it lag's but, feel that it's my video card which, is a ATI Radeon X1300

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Gaming Computer Upgraded Problems
    « Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »
    How did you put an AMD CPU on an intel MBoard ? ?...or are you talking about the vid card you bought ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    « Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:44:48 PM »
    If you updated to a AM3+ motherboard/CPU and are still using a X1300, then that is the problem for running Skyrim, since it's a budget card released a decade ago.

If it is still a Pentium 4 and you think the advice you were given to upgrade the system was mistaken- and that only the Graphics card is the problem, then you were mistaken, since a Pentium 4 would be just as much an issue for running that game as a X1300.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:16:28 PM »
    Did you actually upgrade anything or it it still a P4?  The entire machine is totally out of date and not worth upgrading, replacing it is the only reasonable option.

If someone literally said "you need to make it an AM3+" I'd be very suspicios of their abilities.

bob1286

Topic Starter

Hopeful
      « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 08:31:20 PM »
      Did you actually upgrade anything or it it still a P4?  The entire machine is totally out of date and not worth upgrading, replacing it is the only reasonable option.

If someone literally said "you need to make it an AM3+" I'd be very suspicios of their abilities.

That is basically, what I was told too do.  They said that it should run with the video card I had in it.  I assume that if I get any slightly new cards that it be able too run it without problems

bailey

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:11:26 PM »
        I can't imagine how did you install AMD to Intel. Anyways, I suggest that you replace your motherboard into modern if you want to run skyrim.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 09:56:25 PM »
        That is basically, what I was told too do.  They said that it should run with the video card I had in it.  I assume that if I get any slightly new cards that it be able too run it without problems

You still have not told us what you have done...just sayin...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

camerongray

Expert
          • Yes
          • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 03:45:55 AM »

Putting that card in any sort of new system would be totally pointless, the person who said that clearly has questionable knowledge.  For gaming your CPU and GPU are both equally underpowered.  Your card is far too old and will perform worse than the integrated graphics in most modern systems!

My advice would be to totally forget your P4 machine and focus on getting a new one, there is going to be basically nothing in a machine of that age that I would advise being put into a new system.