Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet tracking  (Read 2299 times)

Mattwestham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet tracking
    « on: December 18, 2015, 11:54:08 AM »

Please can some one help me, I have used my work wifi login on my I phone for years but having read my handbook it says this is not permitted! They are going to install tracker software to manage this! Will the tracker software be able to see I have been logged in for years before the tracker software was installed?

Axeoasis

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Internet tracking
      « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:15:38 PM »
      I wouldn't think so. I think that would be a lot like owning a used car. You don't know all the places it went before you owned it, all you know is that it's yours now and the places you've taken it. You should be fine.

What i'm wondering is why they just don't start filtering the MAC addresses instead of trying to track everything (We use this at my home, so even if you have the WiFi password, you can't get in unless your device's MAC address is white-listed).
      Glassy! Shiny!

Mattwestham

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
        Once the tracking software is installed does it store months, days or weeks worth of browsing history?

Axeoasis

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 04:17:15 PM »
          Once the tracking software is installed does it store months, days or weeks worth of browsing history?

We can't be sure. Things like that vary from software to software. Assuming it probably does store history, i would think at least a month. It could be several months, or possibly keep the logs until someone manually clears them (Unlikely though).
          Glassy! Shiny!