Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: why my laptop turn off after minute?  (Read 2339 times)

M.B

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    why my laptop turn off after minute?
    « on: December 18, 2015, 01:12:26 PM »
    Hello everybody how are u All i hope you all are fine im new here just before a minute i register here i have a problm if someone can help me. I have a leptop of accer i did not use my laptop from few months may be one or two months.after that when i try to open my laptop i press many times the power button but my laptop could not turn on then i put my laptop in sunlight for half hour after that when i try to turn on i was successful but after going on desktop its auto turn off and then again i press the power button and again it were on but again its off after a minute .one more thing is the place where im living is very cold temperature always below from 10¤ so please do anyone know whats the problm and please help me what should i do?????? :(

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: why my laptop turn off after minute?
    « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
    Hello.... I am having a hard time following what your sharing for information. English might not be your first language. If you struggle with english you can type in your native language into a Google translator and have it spit out English at the other box then copy paste that usually understandable english to the forum for help.

Please share system Brand and Model Number
    Please share symptoms of how long the computer runs for before it shuts off, its critical to know if it runs for 10 seconds and shuts down or 5 minutes and shuts down.
    Please also share any know damage the system has taken such as any known drops or spills etc.

M.B

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »
      BRAND : ACER MODEL NO: MS2264
      It runs only for a minute and then it shuts off in short it shuts off within a minute . And theres no damage in my laptop i dont know then whats going wrong with my laptop and im really sorry for my bad english bro and i appriciate ur strugle to read my massages God bless you dear bro.will wait for your reply.

shamsrumi

• Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
        If you haven't used your laptop for 1-2 months, your battery needs to recharge, usually overnight.
        This depends on how old the battery is? Try taking the battery and hard drive out and turn the machine on, making sure it is plugged in to wall outlet power. This should give you an error. Don't worry it won't hurt anything. Turn off power. Now replace battery and HDD with the laptop still plugged in to power. Turn on and if you get an error post it here. Another test to try is boot to a bootable disc and see how long it runs. If it goes for several minutes or hours you probably have a corrupt file system and need to rebuild system, usually windows has a disc you can download that will help you restore. Good luck!

M.B

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »
          Thanx for ur help bro. I take out out my laptop betery . power was plugin then i hit power button it was runing good then i play a movie it runs good i watch a movie for 20 minute after exect 20 minute again its shuts off. Now what is the next step :)

DaveLembke

Sage
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:32:51 PM »
          Sounds like a cooling fan is failing or overheat condition unless its sitting idle in which it can be a power option of when for it to go to sleep etc.

Check power options first to make sure that the system isnt set to go to sleep after set period of time. If all is good here then you can install and run speedfan to make sure that your system is not overheating.

If its a fan that is failing this is harder to detect unless you watch the fan for motion or hear a strange noise from it a buzzing or groaning etc.