Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Permanent BSoD  (Read 2464 times)

Relatyvity

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Permanent BSoD
    « on: December 28, 2015, 03:04:02 AM »
    Hi Guys!
    I'm not sure whether I use the forum right so feel free to tell me if i made a mistake/posted in the wrong place. As you can tell from the title, the problem i'm facing are constant BSoD-s. I think it's a hardware related issue since, i used win7, and win10 as well, tried reinstalling thousand times, nothing happened. Here is my build: AMD A10 7850k (apu) ; G.Skill Trident X 2400MHz (ram) ; Asrock FM2+a88x + Killer (mobo) and a beQuiet dark power pro p6 650w (psu). I'm desperate. I don't know where the problem is. I get SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_READONLY_MEMORY. (I get the last one when the pc is "idle-ing") Obviously i started testing. Memtest did something strange. First i tried to run it it froze. Not completely, the little underscore on the left was flashing but the timer and the testing stopped. I restarted it and it reached 13% then the error counter went nuts (it found so many errors that it was simply unable to display). I panicked. I am 18 years old and i wasted all my money on a faulty computer. (or at least a computer with malfunctioning ram) For some reason i decided to take out the 2 modules and place them back into the other 2 slots. The test was completed 2 times, and was running for around 6 hours without an error. That's pretty strange if you ask me... and although i'm into IT (well kind of, as much as you would expect from a lazy 18 years old guy  ::) ) and my father also had work related to IT we couldn't figure out what to do, what's the problem. We tried to swap my modules with his kingston hyper x blue-s for a week and both of our pc-s were running flawlessly (although i don't want to make a conclusion out of this since, it happened before that i was running well for a week or so). What i managed to find that: on asrock's site, the ram is not present as compatible ram, and on the gskill's site vica versa. So i turned to the G.Skill support and they said it should work with no problem. These modules has lifetime warranty so if they are faulty i can change them by only sending them to Netherlands (or something) but i need a clue, something like a convincing evidence, to be able to say, yeah there is a problem. The fm2+ based systems are kinda rare so i couldn't find a replacement mobo or apu at my friends or relatives. I thought it might be due to an amd driver issue but i tried it with my old gt8600 VGA and it did the same thing (crashing). Now i'm pretty sure it's completely hardware related.
    Please help me. I Don't know how to continue. Can you tell me a way i can test the components one by one?
    Well i guess that's all i could write so merry Christmas for all of you guys!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Permanent BSoD
    « Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "