Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Specific Audio Muting  (Read 3100 times)

silverwoods2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Specific Audio Muting
    « on: December 31, 2015, 04:52:35 AM »
    I have a pretty tough question.  I want to be able to mute a program so that I can't hear it through my headset but I want the audio to go through my computer somehow so that a streaming program picks it up.  I was looking into Virtual Audio Cables but I dont think that is how im supposed to do this. Is this too complicated of a question for this forum?

Here is why I need to do this.  I have a capture device for my Xbox One.  I have it hooked up to my computer so I can record. I want to stream the live playback on twitch. However, I use earbuds that are connected to my monitor for audio from the xbox.  On my computer, the program has audio playing which is the same audio as the earbuds but it is delayed...so I can't just use my computer headset to listen.  So if I mute the device, the stream wont be able to hear it.  If I keep the audio on, I hear 2 sets of the same audio but one is delayed.  I play professional Call of Duty so audio is very important.

Thanks for taking the time to read this :D

Its a toughy....

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Specific Audio Muting
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 06:43:27 AM »
    I've moved your post from our FAQ section to a more appropriate location.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
    In professional audio this would be called a two channel system. Not stores channels, but two separate kennels in the same device.  One is program and the other is audition. The pros can broadcast the program while recording another source.

A PC is normally not used that way. You would have to have a seperate sound card and its own software suite.  This has been documented elsewhere. Here is one:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2456084/seperate-sound-speakers-headsets.html
    Also
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1092253/1-pc-can-output-2-separate-audio-sources
    You can Google for more links about two sound systems on one PC.
    Does that help?  :)

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 08:46:35 PM »
    Can you not mute the broadcasting software via the Windows Mixer? It sounds like the "delayed" audio you hear is the playback through the broadcaster's stream preview.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.